Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Learning God's Will. September 30th, 2014

Oh my goodness! (: I am staying in Rio Rico again! Con mi Hermana (: I
will go on 71/2 months here.  That's incredible. I am SO blessed. I didn't
feel like it is my time to go yet.
So I just want you all to know that I got to go bowling last week.  I love
bowling.  It has been so long!! I'll have to get practicing up again if I
ever want to play against the Sister Al again (: I love my bowling days
with the Lil sis...anyways.... (:
I got to go on an exchange last week to my last area! Wow. What a
blessing.  I guess there are some perks to staying in the same stake for
your entire mission.  It was way too bitter sweet.  It was incredibly
joyful to see a few people I love so much and it was completely
heartbreaking to see the conditions that some of them are in now.  I
couldn't help but cry when I saw some people I love so much making wrong
decisions.  Can't we all just understand that we have SO much to live for?!
We have SO much purpose and we ARE loved.  I just hope well all know that.
We did have a miracle there, though.  I was with a sister who came in with
my companion (so very new to the mission) and wow did she teach me
wonderful things.  Like how I should turn to the Lord so much more often
than I do!!
So here was our miracle.  We had felt the need to see Isaac.  He was a boy
I was able to visit a lot in that area.  When we went to his house, he
wasn't there.  We didn't really know what to do because we both felt like
we should be there! So as we were walking down the driveway, my comp for
the day says to me, "let's kneel right here and ask where to find him." So
we did. Right there in his driveway.  We got up and got back in the car and
started to drive kind of slowly.  He always had a tendency of popping out
of no where while we were out and about because he walks around a lot.  We
weren't seeing him anywhere, though.  We decided we would go to the park
because a lot of guys hang out there at night.  (Let's be honest, it's not
the best place to be at that hour, but we had to try to find him!) So we
did.  We went there and there were so many guys there hanging around
playing basketball and skateboarding and...doing lots of other things.  We
said a prayer before we got out of the car and I offered this one.  I
decided to ask specifically that if it was God's will for us to find him,
that he would walk straight to us amongst all the others in the crowds.  We
got out of the car and walked around each section of the park.  After 10
minutes or so, we decided he wasn't there and started heading back to the
car.  When we were almost to the car, we saw a figure walking straight
towards us.  It was Isaac! God answers specific prayers.

We have been able to find, teach and invite a lot of people lately (: it
has been beautiful! I am so grateful my Father allowed me to stay at least
one more transfer here in this area! (: I know it will be full of
miracles.
The Women's Conference was also such a blessing to attend! We even had some
investigators come with us (: The blessing of a modern day prophet is
real.  The things they tell us will help us if we listen!  It is that
simple.  God knows what we need better than we do because He created
everything!  We are so blessed to know these things especially in these
dark days...Find that light that Christ has to offer and then shine on. (:
I want to end with an incredible insight from Elder David A. Bednar 'That
We Might Not Shrink' that I was able to read recently and it helped me
better understand God's will vs. my own.  (Something I'm working on) and
it's a little long, sorry haha.

"Righteousness and faith certainly are instrumental in moving mountains—if
moving mountains accomplishes God’s purposes and is in accordance with His
will. Righteousness and faith certainly are instrumental in healing the
sick, deaf, or lame—if such healing accomplishes God’s purposes and is in
accordance with His will. Thus, even with strong faith, many mountains will
not be moved. And not all of the sick and infirm will be healed. If all
opposition were curtailed, if all maladies were removed, then the primary
purposes of the Father’s plan would be frustrated.

Many of the lessons we are to learn in mortality can only be received
through the things we experience and sometimes suffer. And God expects and
trusts us to face temporary mortal adversity with His help so we can learn
what we need to learn and ultimately become what we are to become in
eternity."
I know our Father knows us best.  I love you!
Also, primary programs might just be a liiiiitle better in Spanish (;

No comments:

Post a Comment