Monday, June 23, 2014

The Heat...is Hot. June 23, 2014

I guess that this week started off a little rocky... The district isn't in high spirits and the heat has been a drag.  It literally just sucks the life out of me!  I suppose this is where it starts and I am just having to learn to get used to it.  But it's okay!  One of the cute ladies that we see was really concerned for me and how I looked haha so she told me all about how to take care of myself.  I am being watched over by many people.  It will be okay (:
We had our last Zone Conference with President Killpack this last Wednesday.  He and Sister Killpack leave the 30th.  What a change!  I get almost exactly half with each president.  
Our conference was incredible.  Well, really, my whole week was!  It was so spiritually filling and uplifting.  I have to be honest.  I had a little breakdown when I ran into Sister Killpack during our little "break" between the conference.  She said, "Sister Hurst,  how are you doing!?" and I just told her that I was fine...she said, "Well that's not like you at all, what's going on?" and then I just let it out.  There has been negativity going around and it was bringing me down. I don't do well with that at all.  Life is supposed to be happy (: And we can choose for it to be happy!  But I had no idea what to do in this situation.  But what she said to me really lifted me.  She said, "Sister Hurst, you are a lot like me.  We don't do well with negative situations.  But sometimes there isn't much we can do to change other people.  Just keep being yourself, keep being positive, and never apologize for who you are!"  I just loved that (: It was the perfect thing to hear because I think I was trying to apologize for being myself...I didn't want to get in the way or be a burden.  Some people, they think it's annoying how happy I am.  But hey! It's just how it's going to be.  Because that's who I am, and I like being me. (: And so I guess I want to pass that thought along...never apologize for being who you are.  Someone needs your light, the light that only you have.  My wise sister said to me before, "If I've always existed, then I've always been me! What a great reason to always be true to yourself."  Yes, change and better yourself in any way you feel the need to; we can always improve (: But also know that who you are is a gift.  God made you that way because He knew that only you could touch the heart of someone else.  Be aware of those things you have inside of you.  The little sparks that create your light...and then SHINE! (:
Another thing that really touched me this week was the fact that I am not in the alone.  The other day I kept happening upon scripture after scripture that said "I am with you"..."you cannot see me, but I am in your midst." I think I was being told something.  There is no way I could do this alone and I am very much aware that I don't.  None of us do.  We are very much watched over and guided along.  As we live the Gospel of Jesus Christ, not only is He still watching us, but He is able to guide us perfectly to those places that will shape us, those experiences that will grow us, and we will become exactly who we are supposed to be.  Why in the world would we not follow Him who knows us best?!  And He is SO full of mercy.  Listen, you do NOT have to be perfect or even feel "worthy" to try to come back to Christ.  We come unto Christ to be perfected...we are not perfect and then go to Christ.  The very reason He came to the earth was to make a way that we could be perfected.  He loves us in our broken state and if that wasn't the case, and we were all perfect, He wouldn't have needed to come down.  You have Never gone too far to come back to Christ.  It is not the distance that we are from Him, but it is the direction.  It is that simple.  Just turn around!  Go the right way and He will run to you and meet you half way; it's what the Atonement does.  You do your very best and the Atonement makes up for the rest.  It makes up for our inadequacies.  
And, as we've all heard before I'm sure, if you're doing better today than you were yesterday, that's enough!  And if your even better tomorrow than you were today, that's enough, too!  Just try (: He loves us! 
As for some fun things that happened this week:  We had dinner with our Bishop again.  His little boy, Thomas, was again present and full of life! haha Right when I get there, "I'm going to call you Jim because I can never remember your name!" haha "Thomas, who would you like to say the prayer?"..."The pretty girl!" pointing at me. haha I do love being loved by a 5 year old.  He walked past me really fast during dinner and whispered, "I love you." and just kept walking.  What a joy (: His older sister, Kayla (16), who I just love, said this to me also, she said, "I have something to tell you....You are the reason I want to serve a mission!"  Oh my goodness (: That just filled my soul with joy!  I felt like I was in the right place at the right time.  That right there was reason enough for me to be here.  (:
Lastly I would like to leave you with a quote from my Mission President, President Killpack, and a little piece of advice!
Quote: "Justification is the grease on the bobsled to Hell."
Advice: Don't brush your teeth after you just ate something spicy...it doesn't feel too good.
Love! (:
Shine on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment