Tuesday, June 10, 2014

I Just Got Back From the Dentist...June 9th, 2014

So anyways, I just got back from the dentist. I know, right?! I didn't
expect to be going out here but one of the bishopric members is a dentist
and he came up to my companion and I yesterday and said, "So when are we
cleaning your teeth?" and he had us come over this morning and  he did it
for free. So that was just a joy, as the dentist usually is...always fish!
Why is there always fish alllll over their office? Perhaps Uncle Jeff can
answer that one for me.  Some kind of psychological thing?

We got to do a lot of service this last week! That was fun.  We had 2
families move in in the last couple weeks and one of them we got to help
them!  I feel like that made an instant friendship (I feel like, at least)
and I have really enjoyed getting to know them (:
One of the cute families who just moved in is a younger couple with 2
kids.  We had dinner at their house last night and it was funny because the
mom and I were noticing how similar we are and their little boy came up to
me right after, tapping on my leg, saying, "mommy, mommy." haha that was
interesting!  But it was really cool, though! Because we are very alike.
We even stand the same way haha (ya know, the one leg, flamingo-looking
way).  Good things.

Yesterday, we also got to teach a primary class! How fun (: We have been
substituting for the music chorister the last 2 weeks and so we know pretty
much all of the kids now!  The class we taught was the 7 year olds. haha
what fun!  They are so random sometimes and so distracted.  Oh dear, I very
well may behave like a 7 year old at times...haha I will work on that!

As we've been going along, I've been noticing more little things inside of
me that I am sure trying to weed out.  One of them is a lack of faith!
What!  Again...yes, this life sure is a progression.  This is a lack of
faith in myself/ my abilities and trust in my calling and in the Spirit.
What a setback!  But I feel like this creeps out of us all
every-now-and-then.  We think that in circumstances like giving a talk in
church or teaching a lesson to members or demonstrating teaching in a
training creates a stage where we must impress and show off what we know or
what we can do.  In reality, those are the moments to put our trust in the
Spirit and see what the Spirit can do!  Surely, what we put into it is what
we will get out of it, yes.  But it is not all about us and what everyone
thinks of us.  It is about the way that the Spirit teaches, edifies, and
uplifts.  It's about that one person that learned something because you
were in tune with the Spirit... All of this is not something I've never
known, and I'm sure nothing that you've never known.  But for whatever
reason, it is easier said than done!  We forget and have to relearn it over
again.  I don't know.  Maybe this is just me? But I just thought I would
share my realization.  Perhaps admitting to my pride is the first step?
haha I don't know.  But what I do know is that we can change! We are NOT
set in stone.  And that is beautiful (: That is a miracle. And it is all by
and through our Redeemer and Savior Jesus Christ.
I found it almost humorous how accurate the scriptures in 2 Timothy chapter
3 are.  Talking about these last days and how they will be perilous.  The
common thread throughout all comes down to the pride and vanities of the
world.  The appearances and the self-pleasure.  Selfish, selfish, selfish.
And what a message!  Because these are all things that easily and slyly
beset us as well.  Whoa.  What a thought, there. If we give in to these
selfish behaviors, we then become a part of Paul's prophetic account.  We
define the perilous times as we give in to these things!  And there is not
too happy of an ending for these people, so we best behave (:

I just want to end by saying, this is so cool (: I am a missionary!  And I
love it.  I feel so blessed to be a part of this gathering.  And just like
Mosiah 15:18 says..."the time shall come that the Salvation of the Lord
shall be declared to every nation, kindred, tongue, and people." That time
is now.  The time to become is now.  And it is soooo exciting!
Shine on (:

No comments:

Post a Comment