Monday, June 30, 2014

Be Not Wise In Thine Own Eyes (Proverbs 3:7)--Love that! June 30th, 2014

You know, I always look back on a week and remember that there was a day or
two that I didn't think I would get through...and then all of the sudden
I'm beginning a new week again and I can only remember the positive things
about it. (: I guess that's a blessing.
This last week was pretty great! I don't have much to say about it except
that I learned a lot about myself, the Gospel, and the work!  I am just
completely loving it all!  Sure, it's rough.  But it is just...nothing
compares to it.  People feed us every night.  A ward member gave me some
sweet new Toms (: and we accidentally ended up at a surprise party because
we stopped to visit someone right before it started (: it was so fun!
Oh...and huge, flying cockroaches...those are disgusting.  Stay clear, my
friends.  Stay clear. I'm not exaggerating when I tell you that every night
I do a thorough check of my bed and under my bed.  Then I pray that nothing
will crawl on me in my sleep because I just can't stand the thought of
that! haha it's because we just see some creepy things, okay? (:
But really, wow.  I just love this.  I love this calling.  I love this
Gospel.  I love this feeling!!
Yesterday in church, we talked about the meticulous construction of a
temple; how precise and careful they are with every detail.  The Bishop
said that temples are built to last into the Millennium. He then compared
that to our homes.  How we need to build them so carefully, as advised in
D&C 88:11-120, with prayer, fasting, faith, learning, glory, and order.
Only a home (family) built on the foundation of the Gospel will last into
the Millennium.  Wow, I loved that thought!  The family is the most
important social unit.  We need to really treat it as such and do all we
can to build our homes into holy places.  ALSO, the Temple is bien
importante!! It is a refuge from the world where we learn and grow and feel
of God's presence. (: It has everything to do with families and happiness.
I am so grateful for the temple. AND my family! (:  I can't help but think
about and prepare for my future family while being out here.  I learn so
much every day about what contributes to a happy, loving family.  I can
tell you, without a doubt, that the foundation of success and
happiness--like it says in the Family Proclamation-- is the Gospel of Jesus
Christ. (:

I just want to end with a quote from Bishop Dille:
"Life is a current and it's going to take you somewhere.  If you don't want
to go there, paddle! (steer your way out) and teach your kids to, too."
I just loved that!!

Que tengan una linda semana (:
Shine on!

No comments:

Post a Comment