Wednesday, February 26, 2014

1 Corinthians 11:15 February 26, 2014

"But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given
her for a covering." sooo pretty much, the Bible commends my long hair! And
that is pretty sweet.

This last week was pretty great! Despite the fact that Hermana Smyth has
been sick for mmm...probably this whole transfer.  I even got sick this
last week! Whoop.
But we are doing pretty well. We just had this deal with a young woman in
our branch that if she would memorize the young women theme, we would have
an ice cream party! (Sister Missionaries are so fun (: ) And so this, of
course, meant that we too would be memorizing it in Spanish.  It worked
out pretty well! Except for the fact that only Sister Smyth and I memorized
it!  Oh well, esta bien.  Hey! I learned another way to be more Mexican
this week! Wahoo! I am stoked.  I can now professionally make
tortillas!...Minus the professional part.  And I may have gotten a nice
burn on my thumb, but other than that, got it dowwwwn. (: Lovin' the
Mexican ways! If I am not an incredible Mexican cook by the time I enter
into anther life (or home), then I will be very disappointed in myself.  We
got to do some more service and paint this week! I don't know why these
people trust me to paint their home (; but I am getting better at it!
Other than that, just sick, sick, sick.  This also means, though, that I
had a lot more time to myself to study! Which I loved (: I do fully enjoy
those moments of study.  I have been learning so much! Just really trying
to apply myself and fully engulf myself in this great causa Celestial!  I
am quite literally thrilled and honored to be a part of this work at this
exact time.  It has been hard, even thus far, but I couldn't imagine a life
without even these small things that I have learned in these first, few
months.  Estoy muy agradecida por todo! (: And I really just look forward
to every little bit of it.  From disappointments to success.  I do feel
successful.  Because my heart is changing and I am becoming new.
I couldn't ask for anything more.  Yesterday I read this verse that really
just sort of pierced me to the center: 1Nephi 21:16 "Behold, I have graven
thee upon the palms of my hands..." That really struck me and I thought,
wow, He really has graven us in the wounds of His hands.  How could He
forget us!?  He literally felt every pain, sickness, sorrow, that anyone
would ever feel.  More importantly, He felt for US, an individual person
with a face, with a name.  He keeps us in the palms of His hands everyday.
He is so aware of us.  What a testament of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment