Monday, February 10, 2014

I Live in Moab! February 10th, 2014

Hi. This is. so. hard.
This week was probably the hardest yet. In fact, mi companera told me that it was the hardest week that she has had on her entire mission (she's been out for a year). So...yeah. Let's start at the peak of this. Hector. Our pride and joy. ): He is gone!  We felt like he wasn't progressing very well and so when we had our appointment with him, the Spirit guided us to find out the expectations and so on...we ended up dropping him that very lesson.  He didn't want to change just yet. And I say yet because I am confident that he will want to one day. That dang marijuana...("it's just herb, man. God created it and it's different because I'm a peaceful stoner). Ay. What in the world is a "peaceful stoner"?! So we basically cried all the way to our dinner appointment and when they opened the door and asked how we were, we burst into tears again.  The Elders were already at the table and pretty much done eating, so we sat down and quietly sobbed to ourselves. haha Now it's ridiculous, but then it was just how it was!  I just love Hector so much and know how much good he will bring to this Gospel once he decides that it is the way of life!  He is SO good! And that's what kills me.  I was reading in Moroni 7 and it made so much sense of our world today.  It was talking about not judging things of God to be evil and things that are not of God to be good.  And it hit me that that is literally how this earth thinks right now.  What an upside down world we live in.
So on a different note....
It finally came down to using the "can I use your bathroom?" approach. That was a fun part about this week. And right outside that house, we got to talk to 3 hombres who were very confused about God.  One of them really really was taking to the message and we are excited to see him tomorrow! Another of them didn't care at all, and the third tried to bible bash.  They're all Catholic down here, as you could imagine.  But what was sooo neat was when I showed him a scripture from the Book of Mormon that corresponds to the Bible (the "Other sheep I have which are not of this fold), he was like "well, well..Oh yeah I just have to go over here and I have to do something"  Confounded.
Hey, Ma, I eat eggplant and squash and zucchini and that stuff. Crazy, eh? haha considering I'd never even touch it back home! But, wow, food here is terrific.
Let me just finish up by saying that this week, although SO rough, turned out to be wonderful! And we knew it would (: We just had to get there.  We spent some time in because of sickness and some things we were working out and we still did SO much despite all of that. The Lord really blessed us for exercising our Faith and going on the prompting that we needed to drop Hector.  We got to talk to a lot of people and one family just let us right in there door! But my favorite part is seeing the youth really get it! And really desire to change (: My little babies are doing so well! (: I also know how to comeback at those darn marijuana fights! jajaja.
On a brighter note. I live in Moab (: didn't know that? Well, let me tell you. We travel the backroads all de time and we probably go offroading every day.  The blue skies and winding roads, with the cute little cacti in the background.  Okay, so it's not Moab...but it's home. (: And we just love kickin back to some Explosions In The Sky and some Enya after this hard week.  We even got to paint someone's kitchen for service and we made valentine's day cards with a little girl who can't afford them. So fun (: So we are happy! Despite our trials. And we are excited, despite our letdowns.  And we look up! When the adversary tries to pull us down.  And we win. Every. Day. Life in South Tucson, it is good. And I'm in love with this life I live. What a treasure (:
Let me leave you with 2 Scriptures! Some beautiful poetry from the Man himself! Lehi.
1Nephi 2:9-10
"...O that thou mightest be like unto this river, continually running into the fountain of all righteousness!"
"...O that thou mighest be like unto this valley, firm and steadfast, and immovable in keeping the commandments of the Lord!"
(And might I add, I love the use of the !)  He must feel pretty strongly about that. And so should we. Because in our upside down world, the only way to be happy, is to walk right side up.  Si, el camino es angosto y estrecho, pero es la preuba de la vida! How blessed are we (:
Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment