Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Eyes are Opening, Hearts are Listening, Souls are Remembering! January 28th, 2014

AY! La semana pasada fue muy muy bueno! (: I am in love. That is all there is to it.  Basically, I just know my purpose here and we are thriving!  We have been seeing so much progress that I would be lying if I didn't tell you that miracles happen! I think I say that a lot, but let me tell you how true it is: THEY HAPPEN EVERY DAY!  And they always will if you are living the Gospel of Jesus Christ. (: Incredible. 
This is my home. I belong here. I can't believe how much I love these people more and more and more every day, every week! We have become so very close to a lot of families en la rama and it is so exciting and very rewarding.  Some of them I just love so much that I wish they would just come home with me whenever this life ends. (: (Not that I am thinking of that alrready haha). Hey, you know what is so cool!? I am teaching the Lamanites! I read in Mormon last week and it was soooo cool! It talks about how the Lamanites will accept the gospel in the Latter Days.  Hello, Lamanites, I am here to fulfil this prophecy! Uhm, okay, how cool does that sound!? (:
We had to take our little car into the shop! (Turns out there was leaves in the blower motor making the sound! haha how pathetic).  But anyways, that meant we were without a car for a day and a half.  We talked to sooo many people and walked around town and back once or twice haha but we just had a blast and it was one of the best days yet!  We met this sweet lady who is 82!  She was pulling a shopping cart, barely limping along with her son on a motorized wheelchair in front of us.  SO mi companera y yo walked her all the way to her house which was over a mile away. I don't know how she would have done it without us!  We talked the whole time and she was telling me how she has been in AZ her whole life.  She was talking about all the bad things that go on here (especially around our parts of town) and I thought, hmm...how ironic that in this sunny town of summer, eyes are so dark and souls are so deprived of light. Wow, I talk about light a lot, but the irony, right?!  The light of Christ is so necessary where ever you go! Don't be afraid to shine it. 
I just want you all to know that the Spirit of God is alive! It is real and it is tangible.  I dare you to feel it! And if you don't, you're not trying hard enough. This is simple, people.  And it is so necessary! We truly are not asked that much of us, so why not just do it? Don't you remember how the scriptures constantly say if ye are righteous, ye shall prosper in the land? It is only when we let this vicious cycle of pride that we see in the Book of Mormon become a reality in our lives that wickedness prevails...but it will never win! I love that I know that.  I can say that with confidence.  Sure, I have lots to work on, but we can make it! We can do hard things.  And ya know what, we're expected to! Because this life is the time for men to prepare to meet God.  (: I love this life! I love it here sooo much.  Wahooo! (: AND I love you all! Tenga un buen Semana! (: Paz!

No comments:

Post a Comment