Monday, February 16, 2015

Welcome to Summer - February 16, 2015

So there's this place called Tucson Tamales and I love it (: You could only guess why (; but it has the best tamales! Yay. That's a positive thing.
Other than that, I think I just came off the roller coaster and we're coasting in to a beautiful week! Life is grand.  I love these refining moments. 
I was reading in Alma 37 about how Alma was reminding his son, Helaman, about the Liahona that guided Nephi's family in the wilderness.  He said it was such an easy thing to do and so they were lazy and forgot to exercise their faith.  It hit me hard that I cannot forget my God when things ARE going well! Because He is the reason that I can even get through the hard times and that constant faith is what will allow me to be guided and directed from Him.  It is SO simple.  Live the gospel, keep your faith in Christ, and you will be guided and led.  
Alma 37:44 "For behold, it is as easy to give heed to the word to Christ, which will point to you a straight course to eternal bliss, as it was for our fathers to give heed to this compass, which would point unto them a straight course to the promised land."  It is that easy.  (: 
Alma 37:46 "...do not let us be slothful because of the easiness of the way; for so was it with our fathers; for so was it prepared for them, that if they would look they might live; even so it is with us.  The way is prepared, and if we will look we may live forever."  So look! It is just so amusing that it really is that simple, the way is prepared, and yet we get lazy, because it is that easy...so why would it matter?  But it does!  Life is hard, not the gospel.  (: 
I have learned that it is when you put your trust in the Lord and faith in Him that you find success.  In any realm of life.  
Our recently-baptized friend got the Priesthood this Sunday! He is wonderful and I feel so privileged to know him.  The other day in our lesson, he told us that he received revelation and it made him cry and he didn't know why!  He said he really felt the Holy Ghost and he cannot deny these things.  Ohhh I have never known such a joy.  We talked about sharing the gospel and how he will return to Africa soon and his response, with a smile was, "well, I guess I have a lot of work to do!"
Other than that...Valentine's day on campus... interesting time.  I didn't even know it was Valentine's day last year haha but that was surely not the case this year! Oh the days. 
I just want to say that I know it is through the comfort and enabling power that Jesus Christ offers that we can feel whole and at peace.  Alma 38:8 "...behold, I did cry unto Him and I did find peace to my soul."  I know that anyone who cries unto Him will find that same peace.  I love that. I am so grateful to know that.
I love you (: 

No comments:

Post a Comment