Monday, February 9, 2015

God is SO good. February 9th, 2015

Well, life is beautiful (:
I feel like, looking back, I can really see how the Lord has made my
weaknesses strengths! And I still have weaknesses...but I just love that I
can see the truth in the scripture that tells us that as we come to the
Lord, He will make weak things strong! I put all my confidence in that
scripture, because I am a weak thing.
Our friend was able to be baptized and confirmed these last two days!! (:
He is a shining light.  I am SO grateful for the opportunity I have to know
him and to learn from him.  He is an example to me.  God speaks to man if
they will listen! And He makes of us new creatures.  I love something that
our friend said as he was bearing his testimony after his baptism.  He
said: "I feel like I left the old L. in there" (pointing to the baptismal
font).  His testimony was bright.  What joy filled my soul!! (: It is like
nothing before.  I also got to sing at his baptism.  He asked if I would
speak but I asked him if I could sing instead because I love music and feel
that I could best share my testimony through it.  That was a lovely
experience for me!  I could hear my voice echo in the baptismal font and I
was just filled with the spirit.  (haha don't get me wrong, I'm not trying
to tell you I was amazing or anything) I was just very grateful for the
opportunity!
I want to end with a poem I recently wrote about God's love.  It is so
abundant and overflowing (:

God's Love

To me,
God's love is in the morning sky
When the mountain peaks reveal the first ray of light.
Or when the air is crisp and all the world is still,
This is when I can feel my God is near.
To me,
God's love is in the willow tree
That bows to the earth just to greet me.
Or in the fallen leaves of the shadow days of fall;
They remind me I'm noticed, when I feel so small.
To me,
God's love is in the summer rain
That sings to the earth it can be clean again!
Or in the white snow on a gray December,
The love of my God I always remember.
To me,
God's love is in the fading sky
When the stars outside paint our canvas eyes.
Or when the moon and her smile are bright,
I feel God's love in the quiet night.

One of my favorite scriptures is in Doctrine and Covenants 59:18 "Yea, all
things which come of the earth, in the season thereof, are made for the
benefit and the use of man, both to please the eye and to gladden the
heart;"  And that is how I know God loves me. (:

Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment