Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Words January 26th, 2015

I practically just wrote to you! haha but I'm back! 
This weekend ends up our transfer so fingers crossed I'm here for our friend's baptism!!
Hmm.
I read 2 Nephi 3:5 today which talks about how a branch of the house of Israel will be broken off and then it says, "nevertheless, to be remembered in the covenants of the Lord that the Messiah should be made manifest unto them in the latter days, in the spirit of power, unto the bringing them out of darkness unto light..." And it really hit me!  And I had this moment where I flashed back to my ancestors and realized that they were a part of that promise, that they made the choice to follow, and that I am the beneficiary of that decision.  It was very humbling and I got a little emotional...Yes, I was born into this Gospel, but only because of them!  And that promise was kept that the Lord made which said that the knowledge of the Messiah would be brought to them; that they would not be forgotten. And they were not. And we are not.  And I love that.
I had a weird moment yesterday where I saw a familiar face who introduced me to his friends as 'Karlee' haha I was like whoa!! That's not my name! It threw me off.  But it was cool to get to see a friend. Super random! Out of no where.  Kind of freaked me out a little haha but it was cool! it was my friend Spencer.
I just want to share a poem about my life lately (: How much I LOVE this. (:
'Joy'
I never knew I'd be the one,
To live under the Tucson sun.
But here I am on my two feet
Walking in the desert heat.
And I've never known a sky so wide
That held such beauty locked inside.
But in this air I can clearly see
The reasons why God needed me.

I never thought that my two eyes
Would find a deeper joy in life.
But as I've followed my God above,
I've found a better way to love.
And I never thought my heart could grow
More full than I have ever known.
But this desert light fills my soul
And suddenly, I find I'm
Home.

John 14:23 "Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him."
 Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment