Monday, May 5, 2014

This month of the week - May 5th, 2014

It is crazy that a week has already gone by, but looking back on my week, it feels like it was a month long! Time is such a concept, eh?
So I read this scripture, Jarom 1:11, the other day: "Wherefore, theprophets, and the priests, and the ateachersdid labor diligently,exhorting with all long-suffering the people to bdiligenceteaching theclaw of Moses, and the intent for which it was given; persuading them todlook forward unto the Messiah, and believe in him to come eas thoughhe already was. And after this manner did they teach them."
And I thought, "How cool!" This is how it should be today!  We should look forward unto the Messiah and believe in Him to come and though He is already here.  Of course, we know that He already came...but He will come again! And so this scripture is still applicable.  What a thought.  You always here the saying, "What would Jesus do?" Well what if we thought, "What if Jesus were here...right now...right here! Even next to me?" I know that if that were the case, we would all be different!  
SO this week was incredible!  My favorite part (: Was when we were teaching our investigator Alma.  She works all the time in this little store she has.  First of all, let me tell you about Tubac.  It is incredible! I live here in Tubac and it is practically like living right next to that street lined with little shops down in Moab.  They have the same types of things here as they do there.  Which I love!! (it's also dangerous...haha gotta suppress the urge to spend!) Anywho, Alma works in one of those shops.  It is getting slower now because all of the "snow birds" are flying north for the summer.  Since she is working all the time and it is slower there, we visit her in her store.  Yes, it is very different, but it works!  We had an hour to ourselves this last visit, which was awesome!  We taught her about the Restauracion of the Gospel.  She was just soaking it in.  Then we got to the part about Joseph Smith and the 1st vision.  We told her to listen very carefully and pay attention to her feelings, of course (; and wow...after we recited Joseph Smith's own words, she just sat there and said, "Wow, that's incredible." She said, "I have this feeling and it doesn't fit inside of me. I need to stand up!" And her eyes filled with tears...Even in a little souvenir shop, with Mexican fiesta music playing in the background, you CAN feel the spirit.  It was the most incredible experience I've had thus far.  The Spirit was so strong and testified so powerfully and beautifully.  We invited her to be baptized when she knows our message is true...to be honest, I felt silly to even have the "when you know this is true" part onto our invitation.  It was SO obviously true to me in that very moment.  The Spirit had truly born witness to us all that this message is a true one! This church is the true one.  And the Spirit will testify to any open heart of all truth.  Her family is all Catholic (we run into that one every every day!) and so her mom would have a hard time with this...but she said when she knows it's true, she will "definitely" be baptized.  Ah! She is so cute (: So full of life! Future YW leader, indeed!! 
We got to go to the Fiesta de Mayo this Saturday! That was awesome.  It was right next to the border and wow. Food. (: I should be Mexican.  It's my goal in life (; haha 
After that, we got to go to a party for a little girl and boy who were just baptized in our barrio.  This little girl sat next to me during the pinata time, and I asked her if the whole pinata was filled with candy...because the ones they use are HUGE! and she said haha, "no, just some.  It's because we're Mexicans so we use pinatas." Then pointing to the girl next to her, "She's Mexican, too, I think. I'm pretty sure" haha ohhh of course you are (: The whole family was only speaking Spanish and the little girl next to her was her cousin. I just thought that was cute (: 
Good times down here in the bottom of AZ! (: Lovin' it!  Can't wait to see what happens next.
Here's my next favorite line of the week!  We play bingo with these feisty Latina ladies after we serve meals in the community center every week.  I always sit by a lady named Ophelia and help her read her card since she can't see well.  I had stepped out for a moment and when I came back in, she had been searching for me!  She said, "Ayudame, guera guapa!" hahaha it was hilarious (: "Help me, beautiful white girl"  they are a hoot! Such fun (:  

No comments:

Post a Comment