Monday, April 28, 2014

Come to Zion...April 28th, 2014

I learned a lot this week.  I kind of was inside my head a lot, thinking and pondering and whatnot.  I had an experience that kind of changed me...or I guess, made me think.  What I learned was this:  it does not matter who we are or what we're doing, we are all Children of God.  We're all trying our best!  There is no need to put down or discourage.  We should lift up and encourage!  (:  I feel like I can't even get out a tenth of what I feel about this, but I am so certain and so passionate that we all have a purpose here!  We all have potential.  And we are all striving to get somewhere, to be someone, to do something!  Why do we put each other down?  Why do we have to tell someone they're not doing something well enough? They already know!  That is what this life is about, and if we knew how to do everything perfectly, there would be no point to this world.  Our purpose here is to become the people that God designed us to be.  We go through the things we do so that we can be shaped.  You do, I do, she does, even he does...So why do we judge the way someone else is trying to learn?  Why can't we just encourage them when they do something right!  Or when they do something better than before.  We are not experts ourselves, so why do we look down on others when they are not as well?  (I am speaking very generally.  This is to no one in particular; just a personal thought).  And since poems speak my mind the best (haha) I wrote one, of course!  I called it: We Are God's Children.
I'm no different than you.
No different, it's true.
Different color, different tune--
But no different than you.
And the world I live in
Is full of color and sound.
Sometimes it's made of sky,
Sometimes it's made of ground.
But maybe yours is black and white;
Like a silent film.
And that's alright!
Maybe yours is made of mountains and sand.
Or oceans and lakes;
But all were made by God's hand.
Just as He created
The flowers and trees,
He created both you and me.
And we're both on this earth
To learn and to grow;
To feel and experience,
To come to know.
To try and to fail,
And then to succeed:
I'm no different than you.
You're no different than me.
Mosiah 4:19
"For behold, are we not all beggars?  Do we not all depend upon the same Being, even God...?"
We are all children of God (:  We all had God-like potential.  We all have different interests and talents, hobbies and ideas. We all come from different backgrounds with different families.  We all have a story and we all have an opinion.  But the thing that connects us all together so beautifully is our faith in Christ, and our Father in Heaven.  And it is because we are all different that we can truly learn and grow the way we were meant to from the beginning.  Because everyone has something different to offer to help us along the way.  
Zion is a state of being.  It is a state of being 'One.'  Therefore, we will truly come to Zion when we come to be united as One.  With one heart and one mind, standing together for the purpose of the Gospel.  
Shine on (:
Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment