Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Ay, que loco! May 27, 2014

Seriously, these weeks just keep getting faster and when I look back, it
feels like I have been through a month.  I don't understand this life! haha
it's so weird.  Right now a lot of changes are happening!  First of all,
transfers today!  My companion and I stayed together (: So happy about
that! But they switched the zones up on us.  I have this new feeling of
prejudice because now we'll be half English in our zone...but hey, just
because I'm Mexican now doesn't mean I can't be nice to the others (; haha
ohhh mission life.  Aaaand I've entered into this new phase where I have a
lot of missionary friends now! Which is great! and they're starting to
leave me ): In fact, this is Sister Solomon's last transfer! I am honored
to spend it with her, but I will be so sad to see her leave.
This last week was incredible!  It started out on exchanges with my good
ole MTC comp! Hermana Field.  Que raro, verdad?  We had a blast!! She's
been in English since we got out and just barely got put into her first
Spanish area.  I felt so cool because I understood everything and even got
complimented on my Spanish when I was with her.  But maybe it was just
because I understood a little more than her? Either way, that one went in
my journal! haha I was stoked to hear that I might just be picking this up.
Ohhh my goodness! We had dinner with the Bishop of our English ward last
week...he has a little boy named Thomas who is 5.  When I sat down on their
couch, he ran up and gave me the biggest hug.  All the Elders got a kick
out of it and so I'm pretty sure that's what kept him going because 2
seconds later I turned my head and bam! he kissed me on the cheek!
Everyone thought it was the most hilarious thing and so he kept doing it
all night long! Every time I turned my head.  Then he sat by me at dinner
and just kept saying "you're so beautiful" haha Lovely (: ohh oh and this
was my favorite quote of that night: "I am stuck with you in my head" haha
we taught music time in primary this last Sunday and he said "hey it's the
beautiful girl!" Yep, sure is (; haha just kidding.
I also gave my first talk in English! It was crazy because I could actually
say what I wanted to say and I didn't even worry about it.  I talked about
the parables of Jesus.  Wow. Those are incredible! The Bible is just poetry
(: and even better because it's about the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
This Gospel is so true. I can say now what I've always wanted to say
before, that I know this is true with all of my heart.  Joseph Smith, He
was called of God!  I know it! I can feel it with everything in me.  This
work is a miracle.  My mission is a miracle.  These ARE the last days and
like the scriptures say, even the elect can fall if they are not careful.
We have to be prepared (: Be worthy!  One of my favorite scriptures, Joshua
3:5: ...Sanctify yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do wonders among
you.
He cannot do wonders among us if we are not worthy to be the instruments in
His hands, through which these wonders come to pass.  Remember, o man, and
perish not!
I just want to end by saying again, these are the last days! (: We need not
fear, only take courage in Christ who strengthens us!  If we are prepared,
we shall not fear.
Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against
principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this
world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Put on the whole armor of God. Love you!
Shine on (:

No comments:

Post a Comment