Tuesday, May 13, 2014

So I have a good story - May 12th, 2014

I was driving to the temple with some other missionaries (lucky to have been placed in a van haha) and I was talking to one of the Sisters who is in my old area now.  We were talking about ways that we like to approach people.  I told her that sometimes I like to talk to people if I like their style. I like to go up and tell them how cool their jacket is or if I like their shoes and whatnot...Then I told her about this cool guy I met at the gas station.  When I saw him, I had the thought to talk to him. And then I decided his jacket was cool, so I went over to tell him.  I told him about the message we share and gave him a Book of Mormon.  He was on his way to some tryout for the Para-Olympics (he was in a wheelchair).  I ended up leaving him with our number and he went off on his road trip to California.  Then I told the sister his name because I still remembered it.  She said, "what! No way.  He texted us a little bit ago about how he had been looking at that website and he wants to change.  He is a golden investigator now!"  Ahhh! I love stories like that! I loved hearing that (: The Lord truly does put people in our paths.  So hey, if you like someone's jacket, you mine as well just tell them...oh, and bring up the Gospel, too (: Not that hard! haha SO cool!!
Other than that, Mother's Day was very fun (: Mexican Mother's Day was great, too! And I am still terrible at volleyball...
I just want to leave you with a reminder: 3Nephi 18:24--
"...Hold up your light that it may shine unto the world."
We all have a light inside of us.  Don't be afraid to shine! (: 
And as it says in that same verse:  
"Behold I am the light which ye shall hold up--that which ye have seen me do." 
Christ is the light which we must shine.  And as we follow His example, we shine His light and we grow brighter and brighter.  
So shine on (:
(Familias son eternas!)  

No comments:

Post a Comment