Monday, December 8, 2014

Life on the UofA December 8th, 2014

I am loving the spirit of Christ that can be felt all around (: The Christmas Devotional last night was wonderful! I was filled with a new desire to be better, and you have to love moments like that.

I went to my first Mission Leader Council...we call it MLC.  I really enjoyed that! Being with all of the other missionary leaders that I have always looked up to...I felt really inadequate.  Surely I would not be grouped with all of those wonderful missionaries.  Yet somehow I found myself in that meeting ha. Hopefully I can live up to that example that these missionaries set for me.

The friends we're teaching are wonderful (:  We set a baptismal date with one of them and there are a few others praying about dates as well.  That is joy to me.  My favorite Chinese friend that we are teaching is just doing so well! He shares these "glad tidings" with his friends and family! He even made all of us missionaries in the ward (5) an authentic dinner the other day.  And we have another friend who is sharing the gospel with her friends, too!  People will ask her what ward she is in and when she tells them that she is not a member yet, they can't believe it!  (: Ohhh still softening the parents' hearts, but I know it won't be much longer now.  

The other day we were running the track at the nearby high school.  This morning was particularly dark and I felt like lead trying to run those laps...I just was not feeling it!  At first, I was fine and as time went on I just felt heavier and heavier.  Then, in my head, I said to myself, "What! You cannot stop here, you cannot slow down.  You're approaching the end of this race and, sure, you still have some time left.  But now is not the time to give in to exhaustion.  Now is the time to run!" And so I kept running.  And as I approached the end of my last lap, I ran faster, despite my tiring mind. As I crossed the finish line, I thought to myself, "See, you did it. And that's exactly what you'll keep doing throughout the rest of this mission experience." 
1 Corinthians 9:24 "Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize?  So run, the ye may obtain."  The only way you will ever win is by actually moving.  (:

We had a Spanish conference on Wednesday! That was awesome.  It was just the Spanish speaking missionaries gathered together to learn what we could do to improve ourselves as Spanish speakers in the states.  It was awesome!  (:  I love speaking in Spanish...since I am in an English area, I often pray to have experiences where I can used what I am learning.  
It's great! I love it!  

Well, I hope all is well...I hope the spirit of Christ is kicking in (:
Love.  Keep shining!

No comments:

Post a Comment