Monday, September 8, 2014

It's Candy Corn Season (: September 8th, 2014

So I feel like the mission is really preparing me to move around some day.  I have moved people out and in to houses so many times in this area!  But you know, we enjoy it (: 
Things have been going really well here! My companion and I have a lot of fun!  It's hilarious because we are so much alike that we never stop talking and so haha we had to make a goal this week to not talk so much when we're planning and stuff so that we can actually get it done in a timely manner.  
We had four less-active families come to church yesterday and it was quite the miracle (: Some we haven't seen in months and months! I know that the Gospel is the only way to be happy in life...when you get to that point of realization, how could you not come back!? 
We have some incredible friends that we're visiting lately.  I know that they have been prepared by the Lord to meet us and that they will be baptized one day!  
Also, I have gotten quite good at making chocoflan (; heh I love to hear people call me a guerita (white girl) and then try it, because they are always so surprised.  It has gotten us some return appointments, indeed. 
I read this scripture the other day, 3 Nephi 12:45
"That ye may be the children of your Father who is in heaven; for He maketh His sun to rise on the evil and on the good."
Isn't that so beautiful?! Whether we are good or evil, God loves all of His children and so He allows the sun to rise on all of them.  The scriptures really are full of plain and beautiful truths. 
Have a beautiful week!
Shine on (: 

No comments:

Post a Comment