Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Transfer & Training August 19th, 2014

Well! First of all, today is the start of our new transfer (:
Hermana Jenkins is off and I will miss her so much!  But I get the opportunity to train a new missionary this transfer.  Her name is Hermana Dominguez and I am so excited! I can already tell that I am going to learn so much from her! She seems so good and so ready to serve and I love that!  It's a little motivator for me to keep pushing foward STRONG! Lovin' it, lovin' it.  We are going to have so much fun this transfer!  It already started out with a downpour so lovely, we looked like we just got out of the shower.  Not a bad start. 
Hermana Jenkins and I had a little insight in one of our companion studies this last week and I wanted to share it!  We were talking about Adam and Eve and cosas asi.  We noticed how that when Satan tempted Adam, he didn't give in.  But, as we all know, when he tempted Eve, she did.  We decided that that is how most things will be in life! Satan will tempt us when we are alone.  We wondered if they would have ever taken the fruit if satan would have approached them while they were together.  Instead he approached them individually and because of that, the fall resulted.  I wonder if we as families would make better decisions if we first talked them out with our family members?  If we are to stick together as a family, we will always be stronger than if we are alone.  Like one of this year's primary song says: "God gave us families to help us become what He wants us to be."  We are all in our unit of family to be together!  We are in it to grow and to better each other; also to lift each other and strengthen one another.  What a blessing it is!  I wouldn't think that anything would break a family if they were to be together in spirit and mind.  It is when we separate ourselves from family that we get into trouble.  AND that is why it is so important to create an environment where the Spirit can dwell.  If we do so, we will always have something to fall back on no matter where life takes us.  Family prayer is important.  Family home evening is important.  Reading the scriptures as a family is important.  These things strengthen and bind us as families. (and I get off my soap box here...)
Well. All I can say is that I love it here! As always.  I love what I do and I love who I serve. It's almost like this is all I know now haha it's all I know how to do and I feel like I've been doing it my whole life.  I also love how my world is bigger  here.  I still miss my mountains, but my sky extends from one end to the other in this world.  (: 
I just want to end with 2 quotes!  they are really good (: Okay?
"Every challenge you face, every hard thing you confront, every bad thing that happens to you, every unfairness, every conflict, every sadness, tragedy, every disappointment and heartache, every temptation and every opposition happens for one purpose only: to give you opportunity to respond by applying in  your life the teachings of Jesus.  As you do so, you are changed to become more like Him."
I just love that! (: Look forward with hopeful eyes because it will all be worth it in the end.
AND
"There are two ways of evolving: deliberately and accidentally.  You can either decide who you want to become and deliberately work toward that end, or you can just go with the flow and become whatever life makes of you.  In that event, you will become whatever the fickle circumstances and forces of life and society will make of you; whatever is currently considered to be popular or in; whatever is easiest.  But, whatever you become accidentally, it will not be nearly the full measure of your potential.  You will become someone, somewhere in the middle."
(I may have shared that before?) these are both from Lawrence E. Corbridge.
I love these thoughts!  In the end, it really just comes down to following God's plan for us and trusting in Him only.

Love!      

No comments:

Post a Comment