Sunday, November 17, 2013

Karlee's 1st Epistle - November 5th, 2013

Ohhh man.  You guys made me cry haha. I have been so strong, it´s insane! Today is the first time I´ve actually let tears fill my eyes.  I don´t know where this strength is coming from, but it most certainly is not from me.  Today we went to Mexico temple.  That was phenomenal.  I was lucky enough to do it in English today.  The next two times I will get to go will be in Spanish.  Driving on the streets of Mexico is soo different.  Everyone just honks if they want to get in a lane and you could literally reach your hand out the window and touch the semi next to you! Ay!  It is quite scary.  But we are very safe here.  That I know.  We live in a complete oasis of beauty amongst all the filth of the city.  Today I saw the prettiest flowers in the world! They were bright bright purple. They were in the middle of a graffiti-filled, dirty city wall. A metaphor.  We missionaries are flowers here in Mexico.  The CCM is probably the prettiest place here.  And wow, it sure is pretty.  It is the biggest MTC! But it definitely doesn´t have as many people as Provo does.  My Spanglish is picking up.  I can pray and bare my testimony in Spanish.  I love the food!  Well....most of it.  It is very authentic.

Here´s a little bit about my days.  As you know, I wake up at 6:30.  Dad, this was not as hard as  you told me it would be.  heh heh.  We then study.  After that, we go to breakfast and then classes or studying time for another 3 or so hours.  We eat lunch then teach an investigator.  Yep, that´s right.  Day number 2 and we were teaching completely in Spanish.  It was hard, but not as hard as I´d expect.  Actually, the people in my distrcit think I´m the best one at Spanish coming into this experience.  We´ll see if that lasts.  haha I know that I can´t do this alone. OR without much practice and study.  We´re supposed to speak mainly Spanish here and about 2 or 3 hours only is spent on the language.  The rest is spent on the principles and doctrine of the gospel.  When I first got here, I was a little overwhelemd with the Spanish part.  I focused a lot on that the first probably 3 dias.  But then I realized!  Whoa, I am not here to learn Spanish.  I am here to learn to bring others to Christ.  The obstacle I have to overcome is the language barrier which makes it so much harder to say exactly what I want.  But! If the spirit is present, then your message will come across.  Whether it be through words, or whether it be through the Spirit.  
 
Now, for an uplifting story.  Here´s what I learned in the temple today.  I was sitting there with my headphones on, listening to the session in English.  I thought to myself...ya know, I really don´t understand a lot of this and I don´t really know what it all means...That thought kind of bugged  me.  Then all the sudden this song popped into my head.  It was "I walk by faith, a daughter of Heavenly parents.  Divine in my nature by inheritance.  And some day when God has proven me, I´ll see Him face to face...but just for here and now, I walk by faith." Tears filled my eyes as I realized, it really doesn´t matter if I understand it completely.  What matters is that I have the faith to.  And so I will keep walking in faith, knowing that my questions, doubts, and worries will all be answered one day.  All we need is faith and everything just works itself out in the end.  

I think about you all often!  But I try not to let it distract my work.  I realize that when I am working, it is a lot easier to not feel homesick.  Don't get me wrong, I will always miss you and always have you in my heart, but I am doing so well with not letting the fact that I am not with you, get to me.  I talk about you all often, too!  They all think mom is funny (: which means, I do a good job in story-telling, because she is!! haha Ah, I love you all so so so much!

Yo se que La Inglesia De Jesucristo De los Santos De Los Ultimos Dias es verdadera.  Yo se que Dios vive y El nos ama! 

I love you all so much!
Love,

Hermana Hurst  

No comments:

Post a Comment