Monday, April 6, 2015

Come Unto Jesus, Ye Heavy Laden...(hymn no. 117) April 6th, 2014

I started reading a part of my journal this morning... I was so shocked to
see a very real difference in myself! The lines of this song kept going
through my head "I wish you could see me now. I wish I could show you how
I'm not who I was!" I was so happy and filled with gratitude and a new love
for the Savior as I realized that it is ONLY BECAUSE OF HIM! And, oh, how I
need a Redeemer.  I am so imperfect, I could never make it if it weren't
for His mercy and love.  I love His love.  I know it is real.  I know you
can find it, partake of it, and let it lift you as you read the Book of
Mormon. It testifies of Him and any person will come to know Him better by
reading it!!!

This last week has been sooo much fun! So edifying and so refining.  My
best friend and I seem to run into a lot of stumbling blocks, but we sure
do so laughing all the way!  We are continually strengthened by one another
and by the prayer of faith! P.S. the prayer of faith is real!  IT WORKS!
I'm serious (:
We've have been having a blast as we talk with everyone, set new baptismal
dates, and get rejected day after day.  I could not be happier. (: I feel
the sweet song of the gospel filling my heart with such joy.  I love the
youth here! I love that I get to work with them again.  This has been a
tender mercy of the Lord. Isn't His love so real? Wow.  He loves me (:

We have a goal to get to the temple this week with a recent convert of this
branch.  She was able to get her recommend last week and we have been
working with her to find names to take to the temple! This has increased my
love for my family and the blessings of the temple! We have been given SO
much in this life!!! And all He asks is that we keep His commandments.

I felt so blessed because we had zone conference Friday and then General
Conference Saturday and Sunday!  What more could you ask for than to be
taught from on high?!
I loved conference so much! It was a fountain of joy that I never wanted to
end! I could not stop drinking and I didn't want to....That is how living
the gospel should be, eh?
That the joy of it fills our souls until it is overflowing and we never
want to stop taking it in.
I am so grateful for moments like this that bring me back to the root of
the gospel. To the sweetness of the gospel!  Stay near the tree!! Don't
leave the tree! haha (:
We even had our lovely friend join us for 3 whole sessions! not including
the women's session she attended last week.
The Spirit is real! It works in the hearts of those that sincerely seek our
Savior.

I love how many of that talks in conference spoke of the importance of
family! I love my family (: They are so good to me! I want to share my life
with them through all eternity...I didn't mean to write the words of that
primary song, but that just seemed fitting there haha (:
I also loved how we were taught to continue to remember the sweet and
simple truths of the gospel. That is the most important thing! All else
will follow and come eventually if we will first root ourselves in those
simple truths.

Con mucho amor (:

ohhh my goodness! I have to tell you one more thing!  At zone conference
they installed these things called a TiWi in our cars! We have to log in
when we drive and they basically monitor our driving! They say "check your
speed!" or "check your seat belt" if you are speeding or not wearing one.
So no worries, I will come home a better, safer driver (; not that I'm not
already (; jajajaja  Hey, but you should know, it's only yelled at me once!
And it was when I didn't notice the speed change on the freeway.  sooooo
yeah! Have a great week! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment