Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Thank you!! Everyone for the Birthday wishes (: July 21, 2014

Hey so last week, we went to the "mines."  That was terrifying! And also so cool! Basically, it had the smallest entrance that you had to army crawl into and then it opened up.  I will have to send pictures next week.  I was terrified to go inside, but it was my comps birthday and so I had to haha and it was cool! I don't think I will ever do that again.  I'm too claustrophobic.  Anyways...
We had an incredible week.  I swear I've never been so tired in my life!  I haven't seen rain for probably close to a week and I think that's because I've been bragging about how nice it's been here lately.  I am reprimanded.  The heat reminded me that it is still existing, but we press on! 
I think that I have helped 4 families move out since the time I've been in Rio Rico.  I know I will do so more, too!  I am just being prepared, right?  It's all about the learning!  Like, for example, this morning!  When our washing machine started flooding into our downstairs bathroom.  I laughed!  Maybe not the best response, but I just love learning how to handle these situations.  Or when we find out we're on the completely opposite end of where we're supposed to be because I know I knew how to get there..."I promise!" haha you just have to laugh sometimes, right?  Because some things, you just can't control!  Just keep on rollin' with it (: what a fun life.
My birthday was fun!  To be honest, it didn't feel like any other day.  But we did have some very kind people make me dinner and some cup cakes!  The sweetest little girl, Leneah, comes up to me when we walk through the front door, "Umm, Hermana Hurst, I made you something!"  It was a diaper box that said 'I love you' and had a picture of 'us' drawn on it.  It had all of these cute, random things inside and it just brought a tear to my eye. haha call me sensitive.  It touched my heart that this sweet little 6 year old girl spent the time to make my birthday special.  And in that moment, it was.  I love these families.  They are an extension of my own wonderful family whom I love.   I am very grateful for all the love I received, all the cards I got for my birthday! Thank you all (:
I just want to end by saying that there is absolutely nothing sweeter than seeing a family come back to church!  The joy that fills your heart (: I may have not seen anyone progress to baptism yet...YET...but I have seen beautiful souls return to the covenants that they have made.  I am grateful for this opportunity I have to be here and to serve here and to love here.
I want to leave with an awesome poem...or quote...that my comp has above her desk.  It goes like this:
" People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered,
Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives,
Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies.
Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you.
Be honest and sincere anyway.
What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight, 
Create anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous,
Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, will often be forgotten,
DO GOOD ANYWAY.

Give the best you have, and it will never be enough, 
Give your best anyway.
In the final analysis, it is between YOU and GOD.
It was never between you and them anyway."
Love it!!!
Love you!
Shine on (:

No comments:

Post a Comment